The Sony rumor pages guessed it!
So Sony has announced some new releases and the hype surrounding these new products are astounding. Let’s dive into why!
In yesterday’s announcement, Sony introduced us to 3 new products being the Sony Alpha 6700 – APS-C Interchangeable Hybrid Camera, the Sony FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II Full-Frame Compact Telephoto Zoom Lens, and the ECM-M1 Digital Shotgun Microphone.
Sony Alpha 6700 – APS-C Interchangeable Hybrid Camera.
For Starters, The Sony Alpha 6700 is the newest addition to the APS-C camera line and has been highly anticipated due to it’s predecessor, the A 6600, being released back in 2019. The A6700 will be looked to at to be the videography staple as the A6600 is.
As a hybrid camera, its specs closely align with that of the Sony’s FX30, a cinema focused compact camera that competes in range with full frame cinematic giants like the Sony FX6 Cinema Line Full-Frame Camera Body.
The 6700 comes equipped with functions like:
- 26.0MP1 APS-C format Exmor R back-illuminated CMOS sensor
- BIONZ XR™ processing power for exceptional image quality
- Shoot more than 1000 JPEG images at 11 fps
- 4K/60p 6K oversampled 4:2:2 10-bit recording with Long GOP or All Intra formats
- High frame rate 4K/120p (100p) recording
- Faster, more precise AF with 759 phase-detection AF points
- Tiltable large 3.0-type 1.03 million-dot (approx.) touch-panel LCD monitor with a 3:2 aspect ratio
- Fast Wi-Fi for PC tethering
- Durable hardware for tough working environments
- Creators’ Cloud platform
Compared to the 6600, we noticeably see updates in build and design, and an electric screen that extends out to the side rather than upward.
With a super quick AI- powered subject detection and AF update, this new camera is equipped to track and detect through color, distance, and pattern. Sony’s latest AF has been perfected on objects, humans, animals, and more.
FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II Full-Frame Compact Telephoto Zoom Lens.
The next item in Sony’s new release is the FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II Full-Frame Compact Telephoto Zoom Lens.
We can see this lens as an updated and more compact version of the previous 70-200mm Telephoto lens that was released nearly nine years ago.
Updates in this lens include an external zoom, a lighter build and smaller length, and of course, it’s macro capabilities. With visible change in definition and sharpness and a rounded bokeh, this is a great update to Telephoto lens collection:
Some product highlights include:
- Focal Length: 70-200mm telephoto/macro zoom
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- E-Mount Lens
- APS-C Format
- Internal (floating) Focusing
- 2 Aspherical Lens Elements
- 3 ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass Elements
- 1 Super ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass Elements
- LensConstruction 13 Groups and 19 Elements
- XD Linear Motor
- Seven-Blade Circular Diaphragm
- 72mm Filter Diameter
- Spectacular G Lens rendering and corner-to-corner resolution
- Eye-opening close-up performance with half macro (0.5x) at all focal lengths
- Front fluorine coating repels fingerprints, dust, water, and oil
- Dust and moisture-resistant design for reliability in challenging conditions
ECM-M1 Digital Shotgun Microphone
Lastly, for the latest of the new releases, Sony illuminates their line of on-camera shotgun mic
With the ECM-M1 Digital Shotgun Microphone. With 8 focused pickup modes, users have the flexibility to direct where they pickup sound.
This function is best described in this video below, and my is it cool! Watch the breakdown here:
It’s easy to understand why these products are so highly anticipated. Through updates and a bit of innovation, we can appreciate the release and announcement of these products all in one. With the range of this macro-intentioned telephoto lens, a new addition to the APS-C line, and a multi-directional one-of-a-kind mic we find in this line a little something for all types of creators.
We can understand the rant and raves. We get it. We’re just hoping to get our hands on one of each soon.
- A Gamer’s Perfect Set-Up: New Yeti Microphones + Litra Beam LX
- New from SIGMA: The First Telephoto Lens?
- Focusrite’s 4th Generation Scarlett Interfaces: Unveiling the Next Chapter
- New Additions To The Alpha 7C series the Alpha 7C II, Alpha 7C R , and the FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM II Lens
- DSLR vs Mirrorless Cameras: 8 Major Factors to Help You Choose